F0XDIE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F0XDIE

A forum for all Clan F0XDIE members in the game Metal Gear Solid Online.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

strategies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chuy
Private
Private
chuy

strategies Empty
PostSubject: strategies   strategies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:48 am

hey i was hoping that maybe we can discuss some strategies for each game type and use them during survival because i notice that sometimes we r not always on the same page and everything goes to shit during survival

if there are more then one strategy for each gametype we should try one each round and see which one works better then officially adopt that strategy, please lets keep an open mind on strategies and try them all out to see which one works the best

i'll start
race - i think it should be 4 go with the target and two go after the opposing teams target
base - everyone goes to same targets together and no splitting up, if you die and respawn try to get back to the group (of course killing along the way)
TDM - groups of 2 and stay on our side of the map (watch corners)
cap - split this up 3 and 3
Tsne - i dont know i suck at this mode
Res - again i suck at this mode so any suggestions
Bomb - i guess everyone go to nearest taget on offense, split it up 4 - 2 on defense ( 4 to the closest 2 to the farthest)

guys i think we are good but what we lack is team work and i know not everyone can practice together so if maybe it we make a plan here so ppl can read it we can at least be on the same page when survival comes around
Back to top Go down
Deadfoxx
Private
Private

strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: strategies   strategies I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:40 am

Hey good idea. the only problem is that the majority of our new clanmates haven't registered on here. However, I'll try to get these strategies up on the main site, which I know is easier to visit and reply.

My thoughts:

Race - I've never tried your idea but instead the reverse. 4 attack, 2 run. Only because it's easier to spot a group of people running with the target than 1 person, this only works if you chaff of course. if no chaff then I think your idea could be solid.

Base - I think if we split up for the 1st 2 targets THEN stay together for the remainder would be better just because its easier to claim 2 at once without stall. This however depends on the stage.

TDM - Totally agree! I was just thinking about it today, every clan tries to rush. Why not be the only clan that specializes on DEFENDING instead of camping. Watch every corner and spread out evenly enough to not be too far into enemy territory. This does not mean stick at our base BUT at our side of the map. So I'm totally game for that!

Cap - Agree

Tsne - My specialty...most of the time lol. There are a few maps that are easy to rush into however you have to have your whole team with you, just incase you rush and get killed (on attacking not defending). My idea of rushing on specific maps is one person capture target and run like hell, if your team is considerably close, if you get killed, another teammate can pick it up and continue. The idea is to keep that target moving. Yeah it's a higher risk of multiple kills but it can result in a quick win for the team. But not all maps lol. DEFENDING just stick in 2's and keep moving unless your extremely comfortable with being hidden and still have back up. Sometime you may have to use a KOd teammate as bait to find the opponent.

One idea I seen which was very effective and I've yet to use is when attacking/invisible travel as one big group. Months ago I played a team that did this and get though they were easy to spot, every defender went to the spot where they were seen and started to attack. But their aim was dead on and even though we got 2/3 kills they as a whole KOd our whole team. Just a idea I would like to try.

RES - Im pretty new to it, so no solid ideas yet.

Bomb - Good idea, however when defending the bomb everyone should be together watching every corner possible and try not to stay too close to each other. It only takes one good granade or a straight shooter to take out multiple teammates in one spot.

Overall, i agree we are really good. But as a team we have to work hard at it. Solo we're fucking fantastic but as a team we have too many people trying to be heroes. Let's get these wins! People are already starting to talk shit about us lol. So it's obvious we're doing something good enough to get their attention haha

FD FTW!
Back to top Go down
Isen7
Private
Private
Isen7

strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: strategies   strategies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Haha, You guys have some great Ideas, the only problem is that we never find any time to practice these Techniques.

You guys have great ideas by the way.

I guess I might as well give some input, as I am already here Very Happy. Tell me what you Think.

Race - I'm not too good at the whole Race thing, but I agree with Foxx. It's a little more important to stop them from moving their target forward because we can always re spawn and move back to our target. Yet it also depends on how many people are attacking and Defending on the other team. If there's more people attacking our runner, then we'd need some more back up there. I'd suggest that everyone gets a mic so we can work out stratagies along the way.

Base - I like your Ideas, but I think it would be better to split into 3's because 3 people on 1 base is pretty fast and you could take out alot of people, and cover alot of area.

TDM - I agree. Groups of 2 and once you kill a few people in the area or spot you are in, move to a completely different spot because they will know that you're there and if possible move to a place where you can counter attack them if they try to counter attack you. O.o Complicated. Does anyone understand me? xD.

Cap - Agreed.

Tsne - I think those plans might be a bit dangerous and foolish, especially of the other team is near enough to shoot. Think about it.
6 visible guys with Lethal Guns > 6 visible guys with Nonlethal guns.
We'd be tost xD. What we could do is split up into groups of 2, one group on the most left side, one group on the right, and one around the middle. Then if one person is spotted the other could shoot while he's shooting at the other person, and it would be easier to head shot someone if two people were shooting at him at once. Also one person could be a decoy while the other sneaks up from behind.
On the attacking side groups of 2 or 3 also works well so that if someone gets put to sleep the other person could stay and defend so he doesn't get knifed.

Res - It's wonderful how many stratagies you can come up with in this game. A solid plan that's seemed to work every time is on Attacking, you have 3 basic layers (or Waves) of attack.
The First one I like to call the Scout or Decoy. 5 players stay a distance behind the area where the target is, and one goes on ahead. He should have 6th Sense equipt. He'll basically show the rest of the team where all the traps are, and he will most likely get killed. He'll also get many of the defenders out of the hiding spots.
The next wave (2 people) goes in and searches and kills the people waiting to attack it's crucial that these 2 people go in the same way that the first person went in so they think that the next wave will go in that way too. The Last wave (Remaining 3 people) go on a different way (Because there are normally two ways). 2 of these people are ment to attack and 1 person (With runner 3) runs straight for the target and back out again. The remaining people left alive hold the defenders back.
*Sigh* And if it comes to it that there are many of us left and only 1 of them left, don't be a jerk and take the kill because you're greedy, grab him in a cqc hold and don't choke him, just hold him till the runner can get to the checkpoint. That is all Very Happy. Complicated shiet!

Bomb - I don't like Bomb -_-.

I've only been with FD for a short time, so I haven't been able to experience playing together as a team too much. But I know enought to know that we are good enough right now to beat most teams, but if we worked as a team we could be the best Clan in MGO.

That is all Razz
Back to top Go down
Blazing Flame
Private
Private
Blazing Flame

strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: strategies   strategies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:17 am

i dnt agree wit anything u guys said
Back to top Go down
Isen7
Private
Private
Isen7

strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: strategies   strategies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:19 am

-_- Then what do you suggest, my lord?
Back to top Go down
Blazing Flame
Private
Private
Blazing Flame

strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: strategies   strategies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 am

tsnk... everyone hide and ill go out there alone. atleast if i die it wouldent mean someone fuked it up for me lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Isen7
Private
Private
Isen7

strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: strategies   strategies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:24 am

lolol. How about something that won't fail horribly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: strategies   strategies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

strategies
Page 1 of 1